The NPA assessment consists of the following:
1. Completing a workbook which requires completing and documenting three balances on three individuals with physiological disorders (9 balances in total).
2. Completing the HSR workbook which includes a research project on a chronic disease.
(Interpret and use information about nutrition and diet – HLTHPS010)
(Address the needs of people with Chronic Disease – CHCCCS001)
(Research and apply evidence to practice – CHCPOL003)
3. Presenting a PowerPoint presentation on the chosen chronic disease which includes strategies on how to apply NPA strategies to the condition.
4. Each student is given a chronic condition and they are required to explain the disease and build a strategy for its treatment
5. Demonstrating NPA Techniques